Thursday, April 23, 2009

Deep Ellum Boston

Photobucket

Deep Ellum
477 Cambridge St.
Allston, MA

Review:

Although Deep Ellum's menu has four different presentations of fries, which they call "Fries 4 Ways," but I'm a purist and so ordered them just plain. The four ways, in case you're interested are Parmesean, Chili & Pepper Jack, Malt Vinegar & Fleur de Sel, and Truffled Gorgonzola. Nice and crispy, with a slightly sweet ketchup that wasn't Heinz. Pretty good flavor and very few soggy ones with a lot of what I call "goodjums," which are the small, very crispy bits and pieces that many places don't put in the bowl. But I love Goodjums (BTW, that's the phonetic spelling. I don't actually know how it's really spelled, even though I made the word up many years ago) and usually will give bonus points when they're included.

Rating:

Fry
Fry
Fry
Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment